One day Seminar: Life after Casing
LPS One-Day Seminar
Call for Abstracts!
Deadline for submissions: 12th July 2019On Thursday 12th September the London Petrophysical Society will be holding a one-day seminar entitled “Life after casing” at the Geological Society, Burlington House, London. The day will consist of a series of cased hole production petrophysics themed talks, each lasting around 30 minutes with five minutes for questions.
We are looking for technical talks covering a broad range of related topics, for example:
– Advances in behind casing saturation measurements and production logging sensors
– Ultrasound applications
– Cased hole FE (density, sonic, neutron, resistivity..)
– Fibre optic distributed measurements
– Well integrity, corrosion and leak detection (cement evaluation, calipers, downhole
cameras, ultrasonic tools, magnetic thickness, flux leakage, noise logs..)
– Novel well abandonment / zonal isolation methods
– Case studies of production optimisation through surveillance; e.g. identifying water shut off / additional perforation opportunities
Please find full details using the link below:
Thursday, 12th September
9:00am to 5:00pm, The Geological Society
The full day course will cost £150 for delegates (LPS is not VAT registered), which includes lunch, and post-seminar wine & savouries.
Students can register for free, but there are limited places available.
To attend please download a Registration form and email to:
VP Technology and Seminars
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts should be one or two paragraphs including an illustration and submitted in Word Document format.
This seminar is intended for general technical interest (as opposed to sales or marketing) and we request that the talks are kept technical in nature, with the use of generic rather than trade names.
Submit all abstracts to: