One day Seminar: Image Logs and Fractured Reservoirs
LPS One-Day Seminar
Call for Abstracts!
Deadline for submissions: 15th May 2019On Thursday 20th June the London Petrophysical Society will be holding a one-day seminar entitled “Image Logs and Fractured Reservoirs” at the Geological Society, Burlington House, London. The day will consist of a series of themed talks, each lasting around 30 minutes with five minutes for questions.
We are looking for talks on image logs and petrophysical interpretation of fractured reservoirs on topics such as:
– QC and processing of image log data
– Technical advances in image logging tools – LWD, OBM images, resolution improvements, real time data
– Using images for geosteering
– Using images for sedimentology, net determination, rock typing
– Using images for structural interpretation
– Using images for fracture interpretation – fracture density, aperture etc.
– Petrophysical interpretation of fractured reservoirs
– Case studies e.g. integration of image logs with core and standard log data for optimising wells or production
Please find full details using the link below:
Thursday, 20th June
9:00am to 5:00pm, The Geological Society
The full day course will cost £150 for delegates (LPS is not VAT registered), which includes lunch, and post-seminar wine & savouries.
Students can register for free, but there are limited places available.
To attend please download a Registration form and email to:
VP Technology and Seminars
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts should be one or two paragraphs including an illustration and submitted in Word Document format.
This seminar is intended for general technical interest (as opposed to sales or marketing) and we request that the talks are kept technical in nature, with the use of generic rather than trade names.
Submit all abstracts to: